Research Paper Topics for High School to Consider
High school students are often assigned research paper projects in their English classes and social studies classes. While many high school students think their research papers are simply papers where they regurgitate facts, they are surprised to find that their teachers want them to use facts to prove a point. Too many high school students often pick cliche, overused topics for their research papers so they do not write anything new and unique. Here are a few research paper topics that high school teachers would love to see their students tackle:
- Should college athletes be paid for their performances?
- Should teachers be armed in the classroom?
- Do beauty pageants serve a purpose in today’s society?
- Are physically fit people selected for jobs over people who carry extra weight?
- Should schools be forced to test their students with standardized test?
- Should grades be eliminated in high school?
- Is the Homeland Security Department making our country safer?
- Should gas prices have a limit?
- Should public schools require their students to wear uniforms?
- Should Americans be required to take vacations each year?
- Should high schools develop classes just for boys and just for girls?
- Should high schools include recess as part of their daily schedule?
- Should students be penalized for swearing in the halls and classes in school?
- Should high schools start after elementary schools?
- Who should take care of bullying (schools, families, churches, community organizations)?
- What is the easiest thing that people can do to save the environment and how would you convince them to do it?
- Should high school students have mandatory out-of-school schedules that involve sleeping, using their smartphones, and engaging in homework?
- Should 16 still be the minimum age to earn a driver’s license?
- Should schools be required to follow the federal food guidelines or should they be allowed to set their own standards based on local foods?
- Should animal rights be taken as seriously as human rights?
- Should opinions about body image change? What is the best way to go about changing opinions?
- Should schools hire teachers and administrators with degrees from diploma mills?
- Should students with criminal records be allowed in public schools?
- How does someone determine if a textbook is biased?
Many of the best topics are the ones that directly affect students today. In most cases, research paper topics can be discovered by asking “should” questions because students can take a side and then defend it with researched facts and opinion from experts in the field.
2017 © CpsNapoliNewspaper.com. All rights reserved. | Simple steps to your A+ research paper.