A List of Fresh Argumentative Research Paper Topics You Wouldn't Think of
There are well known topics that should be avoided if you wish to have pleasant conversation around a dinner table. Talking about politics, religion, money and sex are things that cause heart rates to rise, while prejudices and set opinions are dusted off and aired. If your aim however, is to spark debate or delve into the things that are important and influential, you will need to brush up against these taboos.
A research paper requires this kind of topic. It is designed to move us past apathy and into exploration of the things that seem impossible to reconcile. Ideally, the issue that stirs your heart, that one thing that you would stand up and fight for should be your topic. But, if you are stuck in pleasant conversation, perhaps one of these will pique your interest.
Suggested research paper topics:
- Should governments set school curriculum?
- Is institutional schooling effective in preparing children for life and work? How can it be improved?
- How can we encouraging autonomy of Indigenous peoples and ensure their participation in government.
- What are the benefits/dangers of international trade agreements?
- Would the implementation of a maximum wage have good or bad effects on the economy of a nation?
- Is an individual’s right to privacy more important than the need for national security? Where is the line?
- How do we combat the prevalence of Western men frequenting Asian brothels where children have been trafficked? Should frequent visitors to the area be required to wear GPS tracking devices and answer for their movements?
- Do the foundations that fundraise to cure Cancer and Diabetes and Heart Conditions really want to find a cure? Would that not put them out of business?
- Should magazines be allowed to publish photos of celebrities without their consent? Should all stories be required to be factual?
- Should a poor person have the right to sell their organs to improve their life?
- Should a woman be able to donate her eggs for stem cell research? Should she be paid for those eggs?
- The UN is largely unable to force countries to abide by the international treaties they have signed, what would give the UN the “teeth” it needs?
- The number of displaced people in the world now exceeds 50 million. How do we coordinate a global response to this need. Should member countries be forced to cooperate?
- Should the creators of the food pyramid be held accountable for the obesity epidemic?
Professional essay writing service - https://essaymill.com/ - get your essays written by expert essay writer.